Minimalist Apothecary - Honey & Yogurt Face Wash
Skincare has always been my weakness - not shoes, not clothes, not makeup - but tonics, serums, oils and all sorts of wonderful plant-based essences. My bathroom was an enviable apothecary and that delighted me.There were times when I would spend RM400 every month on all sorts of potions, not necessary for use, but because that is my vice, my obsessions, just what I do.
Back in 2011, I found myself in crazy debt. I trusted the wrong person to back up for a short term personal loan - and when he disappeared the banks started calling me for the monthly installments. I can't breathe, I have absolutely no way to pay the debt thus all of my income had to go towards paying the debts.
Despondent, I remembered looking at my skincare stash and saying to myself, ''Well at least I have enough lotions to last me for 3 years" And it lasted 3 years - but I had that loan for 4 years so the last year I had to rely on homemade concoction.
Fast forward - I paid all the debt - but my new addiction of making homemade beauty products remains.
One of my favourites, that I used daily until now, is a honey and yogurt face wash. The yogurt is cooling and softens the skin whilst the honey gets all the junk out, acts as a natural hydrator and has antibacterial properties. My skin always feels clean, delicate and moisturized after each wash. The only drawback is that you have to make a new batch before each use as in the tropics, natural potions don't sit well on the bathroom counters.
The face wash probably cost RM0.20 each time and its good for the skin. You can even eat it if you're hungry. What else would a woman want? 💕
Step 1: Measure 1 tablespoon organic honey.
Step 2: Measure 1 tablespoon yogurt.
Step 3: Combine the honey and yogurt in a small bowl.
Step 4: Mix!
Step 5: Apply to face and rub for 3 minutes.
Step 6: Wash off, and you're done!
Note: The weekend I got out of that crazy debt, I celebrated by buying myself this Shu Uemura's Face Oil that I craved incessantly throughout that 4 years of frugal living.Old habit dies hard - but this purchase has proven to be one of my best beauty buys. I had this bottle for 13 months and had only used half of the bottle. At the rate, I am using this (sparingly) I think I would get 24 months out of this.
Now I use this oil BEFORE the honey and yogurt mix for my evening cleanse. Feels like I am getting my luxurious groove back on. But I am taking it one step at a time.
Note: Bought this at KLCC's Shu Eumura outlet about 13 months ago, I think it is about RM300++. I can't really remember.
Love,
Gypsy Aishah




Comments
Post a Comment